Working with young people, families and schools
We work in partnership with schools and parents to provide flexible and bespoke support to young people on a wide range of health matters.
These include but are not limited to:
- Coping with anger, sadness, rejection, isolation, loss or anxiety and associated behavioural issues
- Peer pressure and/or friendship issues
- Healthy relationships
- Personal identity
- Improving confidence, self-esteem and emotional wellbeing
- Improving communication with professional involved in their care
We work with young people typically for up to 8 sessions to:
- Talk about what they want to change in their life
- Work out what needs to happen to make things better
The sessions are
- “Child-led” - the young person has control over the support they ask for - including where and when the sessions were held.
- Offered promptly – within 24 hours of referral
- Confidential - and can be accessed by the young person independently of their carers